There are many things here that Val loves. Salad, check. Lemon juice, check. Lime, check. Avocados, check. Vinaigrette based dressing, check. Oh and for me, chile and lime roasted corn, check.
Vegan Creamy Avocado Lemon Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 avocado cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp aged white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of course ground black pepper
- salt to your taste
- lettuce of your choice (I used a mix of baby lettuce)
- 1 can of corn drained
- 1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp chili powder (I used a La Mesa Dark chili powder)
- Zest of 1 lime + its juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup of flat leaf parsley chopped
- salt to taste
To prepare the dressing, put it all in a food processor or blend and puree. Heat a pan to medium heat. Add the butter and melt it. Toss in the corn and chili powder and cook until the corn begins to brown a bit. Add the beans in and cook until beans are heated through. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool. Once cooled add the parsley, zest, lime juice, and salt. Mix well. On a bed of lettuce add some of the corn mixture, top with the avocado, and finish with the dressing.
Serves about 3-4 people.