…some bright orange tulips in the morning sunlight, to make you happy. Or getting to hold your co-worker’s almost-2-month-old baby – yeah, that works too!
On a recent Saturday at home on the couch, as I was flipping channels, I came across Bubble Boy and found myself getting sucked into it; it’s silly and ridiculous and just the sort of mindless comedy I needed at the time. Bright and shiny?
Meanwhile, in Ann Arbor, the winter weather continues…the highest predicted temp for us for the next 10 days is 26 and more snow too – just so we’re sure not to forget that winter is not over; I’m done with it, but it’s far from done with me. Which is why these bright, happy yellow spray roses and coral tulips in my kitchen help me to make it through the cold, dreary days!
We did manage to get out and make a trip to IKEA over the weekend and picked up some things to create a workspace in our basement which we were both happy with in the end (the legs gave Ryan a bit of trouble, but he won the battle!) – a large table with telescoping legs, 2 stools, a rolling storage cart, 3 lamps (for lighting over the table), and a few other things (I can’t leave without buying a plant…or 2).
Happy Valentine’s Day!!! Red and pink, x’s and o’s, hearts, flowers, and chocolates – what’s not to love; and how could I not love this holiday when my name is in it? I was thrilled to receive 2 dozen stunning pink roses from Ryan, which I’ve spread around our home – my personal favorite arrangement is the one pictured in the photo above where I used a beautiful, silver pitcher given to me by my mother-in-law.
Here are some fun Valentine’s Day things, for your enjoyment:
- Check out today’s Google doodle; some sweet, love-themed stories…
- Songza has Valentine’s Day playlists available through their music concierge today.
- Owl Do I Love Thee? event at the Leslie Science and Nature Center.
- Know when to walk away.
- Valentine’s Day puppy kissing booth – yes!
…pies, that is; we took our first crack at making whoopie pies over the weekend and they turned out great. Full disclosure – it was a box mix, but the fact that we had to add our own fresh ingredients, combine them all, and then bake and assemble these ourselves justifies our calling these homemade in my opinion.
- I’m not sure what this says about me, but Songza has a playlist called “Grandpa’s Naptime” that I rather enjoy.
- I discovered a new-to-me song/band this week – Michigan by The Milk Carton Kids.
- A simple, easy pasta dinner at home with a good glass of red wine and homemade whoopie pies for dessert.
- Ryan dancing in the kitchen.
- Helix marathon, on my couch, under my electric blanket, in front of the fireplace.
- Sending Valentine’s Day cards in the mail.
- Yellow parrot tulips, white alstroemeria, and yellow daffodils in my house this week.
We finally wrapped up our kitchen table project and I feel it was a smashing success. It’s now proudly in its place in our kitchen and we’re already putting it to good use. I had to share photos of our completed project…one gorgeous table, coming right up!