…pies, that is; we took our first crack at making whoopie pies over the weekend and they turned out great. Full disclosure – it was a box mix, but the fact that we had to add our own fresh ingredients, combine them all, and then bake and assemble these ourselves justifies our calling these homemade in my opinion.
- I’m not sure what this says about me, but Songza has a playlist called “Grandpa’s Naptime” that I rather enjoy.
- I discovered a new-to-me song/band this week – Michigan by The Milk Carton Kids.
- A simple, easy pasta dinner at home with a good glass of red wine and homemade whoopie pies for dessert.
- Ryan dancing in the kitchen.
- Helix marathon, on my couch, under my electric blanket, in front of the fireplace.
- Sending Valentine’s Day cards in the mail.
- Yellow parrot tulips, white alstroemeria, and yellow daffodils in my house this week.