I’m not really a basketball fan, but Ryan is. And since he signed me up to fill out my own bracket for a group he’s in, I suddenly find myself invested in it in a way I’ve never been before…cut to flashback of me on the couch Saturday evening yelling at the TV, at a player from the team I had not picked to win a particular game, “Stupid lady hair!” Yes, that was my insult, “stupid lady hair”. Call me old fashioned, but I don’t feel that having hair long enough that you have to wear a headband to hold it back while you run up and down the court playing basketball is a good look for a college-age male athlete (ok, ok…it may have had something to do with the fact that he was a player for the team I didn’t want to win too).
Things that make me happy:
- When you’re eating cereal and you find a super-raisin cluster!
- That moment with the sunlight comes streaming in your window and you feel that everything is right with the world.
- Spring flowers, like the lovely hyacinth in a vase in our house below.
- Thinking about what we’ll plant in our summer garden this year.
- Winning in your group’s ESPN Tournament Challenge – come on Michigan, I believe in you!