Above is a photo of our Thanksgiving table from two years ago; one of the things I love about owning our own home is that I can now easily access, use, and enjoy my mother’s china for special occasions like Thanksgiving. I love setting a pretty table – with candles, flowers, and special linens, silverware, and china! I am looking forward to this while we have my mother-in-law visiting for Thanksgiving this year too. What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving recipes? Below is our Thanksgiving menu:
Turkey (breast and dark meat, prepared with a dry rub and grilled)
Buttery Basil and Black Pepper Mashed Potatoes (a.k.a. “Mama Talbott’s Mashed Potatoes”)
Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Shallots
Cornbread Stuffing with Onion and Celery
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Pumpkin Pie with Bourbon Whipped Cream
And in preparing for Thanksgiving, now just three days away, here are some fun things you might enjoy browsing:
- I’d never heard of this before, but came across this: Roast Spatchcocked Turkey
- Mutant Thanksgiving recipes to try if you dare (Muaaaaah)
- 7 Wines from Trader Joe’s to Drink With Thanksgiving Dinner
- There are many articles out there on pairing wine with food, of course. We are lucky to have many local places with knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful staff that can recommend a great bottle to pair with your meal, with your price range and preferences in mind; don’t be afraid to chat with your local wine staff as they can do a great job recommending new things to try!
- Songza always has some nice holiday playlists, like this.
- A Tiny Hamster Thanksgiving
- Don’t forget to wear your Thanksgiving pants!