After watching all current seasons of The Great British Bake Off / The Great British Baking Show available to us on Netflix, we’ve (and by “we”, I mean mostly Ryan…but I have helped and done some baking myself through the process) been baking regularly in our home – homemade breads (thanks to Bread Baking for Beginners), various sweets and desserts (i.e. lemon lavender muffins, peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, etc.), our current favorite biscuit recipe, and even dog treats. Maddy approves this message!
With St. Patrick’s Day coming up, we thought it would be fun to bake some homemade dog treats in the shape of shamrocks…and hearts and stars – which may remind you of one “magically delicious” cereal you may have sampled or seen before. And so that’s just what we did and here’s the recipe we used:
Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Dog Treats
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 cups oat flour (we used a Vitamix to grind rolled oats into oat flour)
- ~1/4 cup oats
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a mixing bowl, mix pumpkin, egg, and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add oat flour, then oats to form a dough.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured counter and roll to about 1/4″ thick.
- Cut shapes out.
- Place on lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350º for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool (on a cooling rack), and store in an airtight container for freshness.