I’d just like to start this post by saying…yes, we all agree that COVID-19 is a complete jerk (that’s putting it lightly!) and this is a very strange and scary time for the world. And given this fact, I’d like to bring some positive thoughts to you this Friday, March 27, 2020!
The kindness, compassion, and support I’m seeing, both within my community and around the world during this time, is uplifting and wonderful! Here are a few things that I hope will bring a smile to your face:
- Ann Arbor Distilling Co. turns spirits into hand sanitizer for Ann Arbor community
- York is hosting a virtual art auction here to raise money for their staff and for the artists; just read this & this (Ryan is donating some of his artwork – here, here, here, & here – to this cause and all proceeds will go to York staff). Bids end on Sunday (3/29) at midnight.
- Maker Works is providing information on how we can help to make PPE (personal protective equipment) which may be donated to some local hospitals and healthcare providers.
- Michigan Medicine faculty and staff have received an outpouring of support from the community in response to COVID-19.
- Quarantined Italians are singing their hearts out. It’s beautiful.
- Coronavirus prevention: 10 songs for hand washing
- Yale’s Popular Happiness Class Is Now Available Online for Free
- 25+ Fitness Studios and Gyms Offering Live-Stream Workouts During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- 57 Things to Keep You Occupied While You’re Practicing Social Distancing
- Last, but not least, my hellebore – a.k.a. lenten rose – (images in post) are just starting to bloom and they’re beautiful; hello spring!