He gave me the most beautiful box of chocolates from Compartés for Valentine’s Day this year, along with two dozen Bellevue roses, and one of my gifts to him was this really adorable photo of our dog, Melody, framed by Framebridge and pictured below – I still can’t look at it with making all kinds of oh-my-gosh-that’s-so-cute sounds. Melody’s looking extra cute with her conversation heart Valentine collar, we’ll be enjoying some Honeymoon Sandwiches today next to our fireplace (we woke up to a temperature of -1, feels like -10), and listening to some fun tunes like this. Looking forward to trying this double chocolate stout from Rogue later! Hope you’re having a fantastic Valentine’s Day weekend! You can view more photos from our holiday weekend here.
This Sunday is Valentine’s Day and, as always, I am looking forward to this wonderful holiday that celebrates love and all things love! I’m a holiday person in general; I love them all – Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Valentine’s Day, etc. But a holiday that celebrates love and often involves flowers and chocolate and declarations of love in many forms…now that is something special! Of course, you don’t need a holiday to celebrate love or to buy yourself or a loved one chocolate or flowers, but it certainly can’t hurt. And, speaking of chocolate…we recently discovered our love for Compartés – it is REALLY good chocolate, it comes in lots of really interesting flavor combinations, and…bonus…the packaging is beautiful; if you believe that you eat with your eyes first, this certainly fits the bill. We’ve found it locally at Plum Market, but you can also buy it online. Here are some other fun Valentine’s Day treats:
- You’re going to need something to put those flowers in – I suggest some lovely porcelain from my friend Abigail Murray (vase and votive pictured in photo above)!
- Valentine’s Gifts by Compartés (I know it’s pricey, but isn’t this this most beautiful box of chocolates you’ve ever seen?)
- Heartstagram by Framebridge
- Sending You My Love
- Sweetheart Tea Towel
- I found the cutest collar with candy hearts on it for Melody at Dogma Catmantoo!
- How about some puppy love?
I enjoyed a marvelous, two-day movie marathon over Valentine’s weekend; I can think of nothing better to do, especially given the frigid temps (what one person described as “weather is expected get really rugged”) we’ve been having – we woke up to -10 (actual temp) with a wind chill of -30 on Sunday morning, and it was -15 (actual temp) here this morning…#winterainteasy. Ryan picked out and lined up the following in our Netflix queue, we piled up blankets and pillows in front of the tv (Melody was in hog heaven!), lit a fire in our fireplace, and watched as many as we could in two days – some we’d seen before and some were new to us and I can’t wait to do it all again:
- Movie #1 – The Apartment (1960)
- Movie #2 – Annie Hall (1977)
- Movie #3 – His Girl Friday (1940)
- Movie #4 – Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994)
- Movie #5 – Romancing the Stone (1984)
- Movie #6 – Stardust (2007)
- Movie #7 – Punch Drunk Love (2002)
- Movie #8 – Not Another Happy Ending (2013)
- Movie #9 – Stuck in Love (2012)
And I got this specially designed, screen-printed Valentine along with some beautiful roses!
I’m looking forward to spending my Valentine’s Day in with my sweetie tomorrow, ordering pizza, with a nice glass of wine, and enjoying some delightful romcoms together by the fire. Here are some fun ideas, in case you are looking for inspiration:
- 3rd annual VLNTNSDYMRKT (and here)
- Valentine’s Day Dessert Round Up
- Valentine’s Party Treats
- Valentine’s Day tunes
- Best Romantic Comedies
- Flowers are a wonderful gift; can you imagine seeing this in person?
I used the photo app Over to create these Valentines for Ryan with photos I’ve taken over the last year. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Happy Valentine’s Day!!! Red and pink, x’s and o’s, hearts, flowers, and chocolates – what’s not to love; and how could I not love this holiday when my name is in it? I was thrilled to receive 2 dozen stunning pink roses from Ryan, which I’ve spread around our home – my personal favorite arrangement is the one pictured in the photo above where I used a beautiful, silver pitcher given to me by my mother-in-law.
Here are some fun Valentine’s Day things, for your enjoyment:
- Check out today’s Google doodle; some sweet, love-themed stories…
- Songza has Valentine’s Day playlists available through their music concierge today.
- Owl Do I Love Thee? event at the Leslie Science and Nature Center.
- Know when to walk away.
- Valentine’s Day puppy kissing booth – yes!
Ryan surprised me with not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 lovely flower arrangements, which he put together himself, for Valentine’s Day this year. Ain’t love grand? Here’s hoping your Valentine’s Day is filled with sweet treats & spectacular surprises.
- Have you used Songza? I really like it for free music streaming & they’ve got “Valentine’s Day” on their Music Concierge list today.
- These With Love Straws are adorable!
- I do like naps.
The picture above is of my father-in-law & mother-in-law. Ain’t love grand? For me, the answer is a definite & very loud, “Yes!” Happy Valentine’s Day!
- I found this article, Love Ever After: A Valentine’s Day Special, on TIME LightBox; I just love the 3rd photo here – so sweet.
- Google Valentine
- Pucker up
- “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.” – Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets