In our house there is definitely a strong love of ice cream/sorbet. One of our favorite local places to go is Blank Slate and they recently had apple cider sorbet on their menu which inspired us to make our own, homemade apple cider sorbet. We looked up recipes online before putting anything together and ended up combining several different recipes we found. Here’s what we ended up with and I think it’s pretty delicious!
- Step 1: combine 2 peeled apples (we used Honeycrisp), sugar, and ground cinnamon – cook to soften
- Step 2: place cooked apples in a bowl, add a pinch of salt, and mash into apple sauce consistency – taste and add more cinnamon and/or sugar if needed
- Step 3: make and chill simple syrup – 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar
- Step 4: combine chilled simple syrup with 1.5 cups apple cider and apple sauce you made earlier
- Step 5: put into chilled ice cream maker and let it do it’s thing
- Step 6: once it’s reached the desired, frozen consistency, move it to a freezer-safe container for storage and/or serve and enjoy